Author Topic: Recipes?  (Read 3763 times)

ccase39

Recipes?
« on: October 10, 2016, 12:10:49 PM »
I know they have a what's cooking board on here where recipes are shared from time to time but I think it would be cool to have a section specifically for members recipes so it's all in one place. There are a ton of good recipes and production methods but they are kind of scattered all over the place. It may be a cool resource.
Chris

Covington Louisiana

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Recipes?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
I am sure that Tony will take your suggestion under advisement.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to check out Tony's "Lazy-Q" e-Book:
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=5419.0
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:35:02 PM »
Chris,

That's a difficult task, on a forum, to "single-out" a dedicated recipe section, due to the number of folks involved in a "work in progress" environment.  That's why I put together the Lazy Q eBook, for some quick "how to" recipes of common dishes. (Thanks for the plug, Gregg! ;) )  Yes, these are for the most part "mine," but there are so many GREAT variations, on here!  Dig around the different boards, and find the ones you like.  They are there...it just takes some effort to find the ones you think look good!

Eventually, we'll have a recipe section, but it takes time. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
I thought the same thing when I first joined the forum. It was hard to find a single "recipe" that I could just "use". Then I could see that there is a lot of "tinkering" going on. And comments and suggestions to recipes. I've had to come up with my own versions, using a little of this, and a little of that. There are a few good reliable ones that Tony has included in the ebook, and pinned to the top of the topics. If you are looking for something specific, you can try creating a post, and see if you get some member's edited and tested recipes.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide