Author Topic: Autotune queation  (Read 2357 times)

mcinore

Autotune queation
« on: January 31, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
I just received my #4 with the Auber. After reading most of the Auber post I got to wondering about different smoking scenarios. First one is just doing ribs a butt or brisket then one where the jerky dryer is used and more air circulation is introduced. Do you have to autotune for each one and will it remember them?  Would you just keep the PID numbers for each one and plug them in when you switch back and forth between whatever smoking your doing. Thanks Mike
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Autotune queation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Mike, the autotune is to tailor the Auber to your box/element parameters (how fast it heats & cools), not for different smoking scenarios.  It will work fine, no matter what or how you are smoking.  Set it once, and leave it.  Easy peasy.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

mcinore

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
I get that but doesn't adding something like the jerky dyer change some of that, such as how fast it will heat up and hold temps?
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »
Mike, it may have a minimal effect, but I've never noticed a problem when using the dryer with my autotune.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

mcinore

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 08:26:57 AM »
Thanks
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks