Author Topic: First Cook - Kansas City Style BabyBacks  (Read 1631 times)

Intruder

First Cook - Kansas City Style BabyBacks
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »
Well, it took a little bit longer due to me spritzing the ribs near the end of the cook, but I finally hit perfection with my Kansas city style spare ribs.  The chew and taste profile was perfect.  Having done this at least 15 times before on my bullet smoker, the chew was never perfect, and the smoke varied greatly.  First try on this smoker and I'm sold!  The only thing I noticed was that the pit temperature varies quite a bit.  I initially set the pit at 230 to get a good smoke profile, then up to 245.  My variation (prior to opening the door to spritz) was between 225 and 275, which seemed to be a large variation.  I can't complain about the final product, however as we did 4 racks on rack holders and they came out perfect.  I made the correct choice with this smoker. 
....Does anyone want a very used bullet smoker???

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: First Cook - Kansas City Style BabyBacks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
No need for a bullet smoker here - I, too, am sold on the only brand of smoker I'll ever need! ;)   Good to hear the ribs were a great success!  Post some pics if you have them - we love pictures! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

Re: First Cook - Kansas City Style BabyBacks
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »
You will have about 40 degree temperature swings.  I monitored my smoker today, the temp was set around 240 and the temp went from 223 to 263.  That's ok, its normal. I smoke ribs at 240 ish.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?