Author Topic: Just ordered my #2 and auber last night!!! New smoker need quick tips/links  (Read 1895 times)

Tonyajo

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these babies for awhile now.  A co-worker of mine suggested the Smokin-it brand as he's had one for a year. 

Love my gas Weber grill and charcoal Weber too for indirect turkey cooking on Thanksgiving.  Never smoked anything before and looking for some Model 2 reciepes and tips.  Tons of stuff on this site and elsewhere...just looking to get off and running quickly once I get my new toy ;)

Thx
Tony O.

es1025

I would read the recipe section and the #2 section. 

The smoker comes with really good directions about seasoning, follow to a tee.

Tips:
Buy heavy duty foil.
Buy vinyl disposable gloves.
Get wood chunks from a good source (I use fruitawood cherry)
Experiment with rubs.
Use non-stick spray on the grates (Makes cleaning easier)
Buy a scale to measure the weight of the wood.
Be active on forum!

Sit back and wow your friends and family with your smoking skills.

I started like you, no experience but a desire to create awesome baby backs, pulled pork and brisket.  I can say I have accomplished all three.

Your first meal should be baby back ribs.  5.5 hours in the smoker (2 oz of wood) no peeking! I promise these will be the best you have ever had....

Welcome to the family!
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Welcome to another Tony!  3 or 4 of us here now! ;D   Read the Auber Tips and Tricks section - you'll learn a lot about this amazing device!  Once the smoker is seasoned, you're ready to smoke your first meal (let it cool down first, though).  You get the best smoke penetration with a cold smoker and cold meat, starting out.

Ed gave some great advice!  Hang out here when you can, and ask all the questions you want - we're here to help!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!