Author Topic: Found Pid smoker controler model WSD-1200GPH  (Read 4610 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Found Pid smoker controler model WSD-1200GPH
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »
I found an aubar pid smoker model WSD-1200GPH, for $178.00. This is the same that Steve sells for $199. Purchased after seeing the temps. on the little guy go all over the charts when smoking the pork butt. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14_28
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Found Pid smoker controler model WSD-1200GPH
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:02:08 PM »
Do yourself a favor, Bill, and order the wall mount probe (if it doesn't come with one).  It gives the best consistency.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »
Was hoping would see you online today. The little guy is ranging from 230 to 270 box temps. Also was wondering if you had the auber for your little guy. And yes can order the wall mount prob for $2.00, I will change my order on Monday as just went with the hanging one. Thanks for the info Tony.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:51:18 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »
Bill, your temp swings are normal, for the stock Little Guy.  It averages-out to the right temp, though!  I didn't have the Auber with my #1, but turned out great Q!  You got a good deal!  Let us know if you need help once it arrives.  Check out the Auber instructions section on autotuning and installing the permanent probe (it's not hard, just itchy).
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 06:58:45 PM »
Thanks, for all your help in the past. And hopefully answers to my many, many questions in the future. I too use the search function, but normally cannot find what I am looking for. Could be I am not wording my searches correctly  :o  :o

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
Thanks, for all your help in the past. And hopefully answers to my many, many questions in the future. I too use the search function, but normally cannot find what I am looking for. Could be I am not wording my searches correctly  :o :o

If you search for something in the wrong section, you won't get results.  If I search for "pork butt" in the Beef section, I'll come up craps.  But, the same search, under Pork, is a gold mine!  Sometimes, too, folks make their searches way too specific.  Keep them broad, and then narrow them as you go. 
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 04:01:57 AM »
Need to find your instructions on bypassing the control switch on the SI and having complete control with the PID. Once I get the hang of programing it. I have gone thru the Auber tips and tricks but did not find a detailed post. Might do a search in the Gadgets section to see if I can find instructions.

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
Look under the User Guidelines & Instructions, Auber Instructions section.  You'll see a quick start guide post, stickied near the top.
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
Auber should arrive Wednesday.. Woo Hoo ;D