Author Topic: First attempt at wings  (Read 2546 times)

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
First attempt at wings
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »
I put 5 lbs of chicken wings along with pork and beans and potatoes in the #2 today cut the poultry brine by 1/4(made 1 quart) in refrigerator for about 4 hours. In the smoker at 225 for an hour and 15 minutes, put wings in pan with bbq sauce for another hour and 1/2. I cut the potatoes in small chunks and placed on baking sheet, I had mixed olive oil kosher salt and pepper and soaked potatoes in that for a couple of hours, put everything in and took everything out at the same time. I put the potatoes in a mix of 2 parts mayonnaise,1 part sour cream 1 part mustard with a little rosemary and sweet pickle relish and green onions. Everything was pretty good
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:39:37 PM by MC1960 »
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2

Grady

Re: First attempt at wings
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
It's just my opinion through quite a few trial and errors but wings don't get smoked by me unless they have been in sealed bags with rub and olive oil for a minimum of 24 hours. I did a smoke once and only once, that wings were in rub for only 8 hours, they went right in the garbage can. No taste at all.
814'er in the 'daks.