Author Topic: Slow smoked hamburgers  (Read 4249 times)

prudentsmoker

Slow smoked hamburgers
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »
Here is what has worked quite well for me. Our local Aldi's sells 80/20 at a pretty good price and by the kilo. E.G. 2.25 lbs. for us Americans. Regardless, that works out to approximately 36 oz. for us Americans. i like to add about 4 oz. of BBQ sauce to the meat and mix it in. I use Curely's but that may be a Kansas thing. Regardless, when it is all mixed up, you can shape it into six patties all over a third of a pound. I still use my kitchen scale for this, but if you can divide it up into six equal pieces feel free.
The bottom line is that at 225 at about an hour, and at 160 degrees,  you will have the juicyest, tastiest burgers of your life. I like to serve them with red onions and lettuce.
i used hickory because my BBQ sauce was hickory. i have run out of hickory and am going to try oak on the next batch.
Another side note- rest assured if you have any burgers left over, they will taste infinitly more smokey on the next dayl
I personally like to steam them for the 2nd day.

Brian from Wichita

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Re: Slow smoked hamburgers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:57:14 AM »
Sounds delish Brian.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Barrel99

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
Sounds good Brian. I have wanted to try burgers and meatloaf maybe next week.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:56:32 AM »
Smoked burgers are good, and I have had success with the meatloaf muffins as well...the recipe for the muffins is on Jeff Phillips smoking-meat.com web site.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »
Meatloaf muffins (Jeffs recipe) are a fav around here.  Lots of options / stuffings/ cheese / bacon outside options.  Always turn out well. 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »
I decided to try these tonight as the base for my pastrami burgers, using the pastrami I smoked this morning.  Smoked burger, pile of pastrami, melted provolone cheese and topped with some caramelized onions & mushrooms. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:26:37 AM »
Probably turned out really yucky eh Dave? ;)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN