Author Topic: Ribeye Roast in #4  (Read 7858 times)

paidin

Re: Ribeye Roast in #4
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
Thanks for the nice replies guys.  I am located in Clarksville, TN.  I have a couple of pictures for you guys to look at.  guess what I am going to do with these!

the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

paidin

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
Nice work, paidin!   I am intrigued by the eggs...how long did you smoke them to have them cooked through?

I am not sure how long it actually takes to cook an egg, I just stick them in with the meat and they always come out done.  I am guessing maybe an hour and a half minimum?  I think those eggs pictured were in there for about 3 hours.  Nowhere near overcooked.  very tender and a touch of smoke.  If you were to boil them first then peel them then smoke them, you might only need 30 minutes but that would be waaaayyyy too much work.  That goes against the credo of low and slow 'lectric smoking, you know, less work, greater rewards!
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »
I boil my eggs for 10 minutes to get 100% done (232 degrees?), so, at 225, it can't be awful long to get done.  Time probably more for smoke penetration? 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

paidin

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »
I boil my eggs for 10 minutes to get 100% done (232 degrees?), so, at 225, it can't be awful long to get done.  Time probably more for smoke penetration?

Hi SuperDave, the trick to perfect boiled eggs on the stove is to get the water to boil then take the pot off the heat source and let it sit in the water for 6 minutes.  Perfect boiled eggs (on the stove) without any green yolks.  Uses less electricity too ;)  or gas if you have a gas stove.  I am not sure what the internal temp of eggs needs to be.  I also think soft boiled eggs tastes the best but these smoked eggs turned out darned good also.