Author Topic: North Jersey stopping by to say Hi  (Read 2338 times)

dxn2

North Jersey stopping by to say Hi
« on: October 27, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Just pulled the trigger on an Analog Model 2.  I look forward to learning a lot from you folks.  I'll start with the questions after a few hours of reading.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday all.
Don from NJ
Smokin-It #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: North Jersey stopping by to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:45:59 PM »
Welcome from SE Arizona.  Enjoy the #2.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 07:18:30 AM »
Welcome from Delaware.   You have found the right place -- lots of good advice and recipes to try out!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
Welcome to the family, dxn...  we'd love to address you by name if you're willing to share with us.  I started with the #2 and loved it.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

tomd8

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 09:01:44 AM »
Welcome from your neighbor in New York.  Enjoy the smoker. - Tom
Tom from New York
SmokinIt #3 analog, Masterbuilt analog, Little Chief

Durangosmoker

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
and another NY Hudson Valley welcome. Hope you like your new #2 the way I like mine.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

dxn2

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 08:29:12 AM »
Thanks for the welcome folks.  Still waiting on the #2.  Was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday, then Friday, now Monday.  It made it from Michigan to Pennsylvania (one state over) and then took a detour to Indiana.  Now it's in the next town over in a FedEx facility.  Going to see if there is an option for a Saturday pickup.
Don from NJ
Smokin-It #2

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 11:58:47 AM »
Thanks for the welcome folks.  Still waiting on the #2.  Was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday, then Friday, now Monday.  It made it from Michigan to Pennsylvania (one state over) and then took a detour to Indiana.  Now it's in the next town over in a FedEx facility.  Going to see if there is an option for a Saturday pickup.

Ugh...  that has to be torturous...  you have to wonder sometimes just what's going on.  Best wishes.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

dxn2

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 06:00:36 PM »
Ugh...  that has to be torturous...  you have to wonder sometimes just what's going on.  Best wishes.
[/quote]

Thanks.  Not the biggest problem but it would have been nice to get set up and started over the weekend.  Actually the torturous part is that the tracking now shows the unit on a truck ready for deliver on Monday (killing the idea of a pick up).  I guess FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday.
Don from NJ
Smokin-It #2

pappabear

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »
Welcome from Pa. I bought a #2 in Jan and love it. But before I used it I purchased a stainless steel table from Ebay for about $80-90. Really made it easy to use the smoker without standing on your head. Good luck.
Gary
Acme Pa
USAF Vet
Retired coal miner

dxn2

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »
Welcome from Pa. I bought a #2 in Jan and love it. But before I used it I purchased a stainless steel table from Ebay for about $80-90. Really made it easy to use the smoker without standing on your head. Good luck.

Thanks.  I actually ordered the Harbor Freight cart that a number of folks here have recommended.  Waiting for that to show up. 

The #2 arrived today.  Just got home from work so it's a little late to start playing with it.  I'll crack her open tomorrow.
Don from NJ
Smokin-It #2

annacarter478

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 06:33:34 AM »
WElcome aboard dear.