Author Topic: #2D WiFi Connectivity Issues  (Read 1054 times)

drinkersAndSmokers

#2D WiFi Connectivity Issues
« on: June 11, 2021, 05:10:06 PM »
Hello everyone,
I have the #2D wifi and tried all three apps on my samsung Note 20 (android) and have not had any success with getting the Auber to connect.  The Auber WiFi app is the closest to working as it sees my 2.4 Ghz network and connects, but never sees the Auber even though the blue light is fast blinking.  AuberSmart never connects to the network, but seems intended for the other Auber controller.  Finally, the Auber SmokinIt app comes up with an <unknown ssid> and when I enter the network and password, it never connects.  I've tried two different router manufacturers with no success.  I've read through numerous threads, but haven't found the magic solution yet.
Firmware version 1.3
Cheers!

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: #2D WiFi Connectivity Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:22:04 PM »
Are you connecting on the same SSID and frequency?  If not, connect on the same to establish the initial trust and then you can go back to 'normal' after that.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

drinkersAndSmokers

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
The SSID and frequency was the same.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Resolution...a very weird twist, but I'll take it.  I had an old Note 5 laying around, so I installed the Smokin-It app and it recognized my network immediately (there's hope!).  I plugged in the smoker and behold, it found the smoker in short order.  I thought, well at least it works on an old phone and I'll just use it.  Then I thought why not try the Note 20 again for grins and giggles.  I still had to manually enter the SSID like before.  However for whatever reason, it found the smoker almost immediately.  Still scratching my head, but it seems life is good and I have a Boston Butt ready for some smoke!   :)
Cheers!

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »
I'm glad to hear you got it to work.  It amazes me that Auber is a leader in this space because all of their code is absolutely horrendous an their wi-fi tech is massively behind what is current.   It seems like another player could step in and massively disrupt this space.  I'd love to see Thermoworks take on Auber...  I think they could put them out of business within 5 years and everyone would be better off for it.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...