Author Topic: Brining Bag HELP!!  (Read 9225 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Brining Bag HELP!!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
This is what I use for bigger items like turkeys or if I am brining multiple butts:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E0JMCC

They come in smaller sizes too. I like that it is square verses "The Briner/Jr".

There are lots of options out there.
I'm with Gregg (NDKoze). They are inexpensive at my local Restaurant Supply Store (open to the public) and many sizes available in both round and square, tall and short, with lids, to fit the space you have available in your refrigerator or cooler.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »
This is what I use for bigger items like turkeys or if I am brining multiple butts:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E0JMCC

They come in smaller sizes too. I like that it is square verses "The Briner/Jr".

There are lots of options out there.

Haven't seen this one, Gregg - thanks!  Looks like a great size for turkeys and brisket!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
Hey Kari, Greg did you get the 18 or 22 qt size? As on some of the reviews said was too small to brine a turkey in? Not that I would brine a turkey but would want one to maybe do a pork butt or brisket in.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Limey

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »
 "Not that I would brine a turkey"
Hey Bill, you really should consider brining turkeys, it really does improve them, unless of course they are kosher birds or have already been injected with "additional flavourings, water and salt added" (imo do not buy the latter)
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

DivotMaker

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »
"Not that I would brine a turkey"
Hey Bill, you really should consider brining turkeys, it really does improve them, unless of course they are kosher birds or have already been injected with "additional flavourings, water and salt added" (imo do not buy the latter)

+1, with an exception....sometimes it's hard to find a bird that hasn't been injected.  If you can find one, brining is definitely worth the time and space!  I brine injected birds, if they are a minimal amount (3-4%), but wouldn't brine one that's over that.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 04:44:10 PM »
Last year after the holidays Costco had fresh unbrined turkeys. I bought a 14 pounder and it easily fit in my 18Qt container.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 08:22:30 PM »
Last year after the holidays Costco had fresh unbrined turkeys. I bought a 14 pounder and it easily fit in my 18Qt container.

No Costcos, here in Sam's Land. :'(
Tony from NW Arkansas

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »
Found oven browning bag to do the brining process!  THANKS Everyone.

Yeah, they do work nicely but are rather pricey in small quantities.
Vendors such as webstaurantstore and the like sell them in large quantities as well as other bags appropriate for brining.

~Martin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:25:11 PM by DiggingDogFarm »
~Martin

DivotMaker

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »
Welcome back, Martin!  Good to see you again! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »

Hey Greg, I found that the restaurant depot has these for around 20 bucks. Going to probably get the 18 qt one.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »
The 18Qt is a great size for mist anything that you will want to brine.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

elkins20

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »
Thanks Greg..