Author Topic: Fire box?  (Read 3444 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Fire box?
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
I've looked at all the pictures on the pizza oven and it appears that the fire pan is the same as our smoker drip pan?  Definitely not the kind of wood fire I'd want to build for my pizza oven.  Also, the pizza oven appears to be built similarly to our smokers that supposedly have a 350 degree temp rating.  I'm thinking 600 + for a true pizza oven.  I'd like to see some more spec data offered on the store site. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Fire box?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
Dave, the pan is the same as the smoker drip pan, but it's for catching ash.  You build the fire inside, on the fire bricks.  Temp can easily go into the 700+ range, and this box handles it fine.  I'll be doing a full review on the oven when the weather gets a little nicer!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »
I almost bought one a few weeks back, I found a used one on craigs list for $700.00. You should be able to do 700 degrees with no problem and thin crust pizza in about 2 minutes or so.

Since I travel a lot, I passed for now, still in the future I would love one by our pool.

Greg

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »
The taste of wood-fired pizza is amazing.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
The taste of wood-fired pizza is amazing.
Tony,
Have you tested this oven yet?
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »
And not only pizza but could also do Italian bread in it. Or for that matter any type of bread. Which is really good in a wood brick oven.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri