Author Topic: introductions  (Read 2019 times)

coachs34

introductions
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
Hello All.  Just purchased my #1 .  I would like to say thank you to everyone for their opinions and comments.  It made it much easier to purchase with all the positive comments and reviews.  I am converting from using a smoker where it used lump charcoal.  I never could keep the temperature accurate and looking forward to keeping things under control.  Once again thanks to all and happy smoking

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: introductions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
Welcome coach!   You will be very pleased with the #1.   You will find that these SI smokers are very easy to use...you can literally set your temp and walk away...no need to worry about maintaining temps. 

Lots of good info on this forum, and plenty of good recipes to try out when you are up and running.  Welcome!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »
Welcome!

Seems lump charcoal maintenance was an issue ... You will enjoy the hands free cooking.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

Walt

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »
You can still use charcoal. 1 brick @ a time.  I add a brick with my wood for many of my smokes.  Not quite the same & your charcoal expenses will drop precipitously.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
Congrats Coach!  Glad to have you here.  You'll love the simplicity over charcoal - and lack of a mess!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!