Author Topic: hello from boston  (Read 1833 times)

coyotesdead

hello from boston
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
I RECENTLY MOVED FROM WOOD TO ELECTRIC. After doing all the research I bought a smoking it model #3. I found the forum a big help in my process. I was a but worried about temp control after reading. I bought a model 3. Maiden cook was great Made st louis ribs. 5 hrs at 225 did not wrap them and they were great. I put 2 large fire bricks in the unit to help even out the heat. very hppy with it. so much easier that charcol and wood. I am retired and have a dog rescue on my farm.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: hello from boston
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Welcome!   Glad the forum was helpful in your decision to purchase a SI smoker.  I am sure you will be happy with the #3 and enjoy many good smokin-it meals!  Cheers!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »
Welcome Coyote!  Glad to have you.  Great decision making the move to the #3 - you'll love it!  Lots of great Q in your future!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

rickne

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
Welcome.  I came from a stick burning background too.  I love the ease of use of the model 3.  Its a well built unit and well insulated.  I am working through some low temp issues but Steve is working with me and I am confident we will get it resolved.  I can't imagine  a better built unit.
Rick  --  The Cornhusker State
Model #3 Jack Daniels Edition (W/ Cart)
Toggle Switch Bypass, Cold weather Cord, Auber PID