Author Topic: HELLO from Ohio!  (Read 2465 times)

sts3d

HELLO from Ohio!
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
Want to thank all who have posted here. I saw the Smokin it smokers at the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo last spring. I should have taken one home that day........ I have been smoking and grilling pretty much my whole life . Grew up on a farm with lots of hog and lamb, goat roasts.....I have had a few of the cheapie  charcoal and electric smokers and used em with good success but the durability was lacking. So now I have a #2, maybe should have bought a #3........I am a fan of all styles of BBQ. NC,Texas,Memphis,Cuban. I still like live fire smoking but wanted to get a quality electric for my home to simplify things. I've only got 2 smokes in the #2 but I'm really happy with the results.The Brisket last nite was delicious. I wish I could get a whole hog or goat in the #2 :D
I'll even smoke the squeal.

Three Sons BBQ

Re: HELLO from Ohio!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:31 PM »
Nice. Using 3 for the first time today.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

sts3d

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
From Erie eh,  Joe Roots is one of my favorite  restaurants. I used to work up that way quite a bit, also used to shoot an archery tournament every year up there.
I'll even smoke the squeal.

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
Glad to hear that you are liking your #2! Good smoking my friend. Make sure you post some pictures of the work you do. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:02:02 PM by benjammn »
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
Welcome, Sean!  Look forward to a lot of good experience & recipes from a guy with your background!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

rickne

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »
Welcome.  I'm fairly new to the Electric Smoker world too but one of the things I'm looking forward to is the flexibility of it.  It's easy to fire up for a short cook.  I plan to do some jalapeno's over the holiday.  I would have never fired up my stick burner for that.  Also looking forward to using it for potato's and vegetables this summer.
Rick  --  The Cornhusker State
Model #3 Jack Daniels Edition (W/ Cart)
Toggle Switch Bypass, Cold weather Cord, Auber PID