Author Topic: Waiting on #2 in SE Louisiana  (Read 2258 times)

bdeleser

Waiting on #2 in SE Louisiana
« on: November 23, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
Brian here.  Just ordered a #2 yesterday, can't wait to get it and try it out.  I am working out of town and won't be home for another week and a half, so hopefully it will be there when I get home.  I will miss Thanksgiving, but hopefully can try it out a few times to get it right and then do up a Christmas feast!!

Been reading through all the recipes and advice here and can't wait to try them all!

puddle jumper

Re: Waiting on #2 in SE Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
Congrats Brian,,
I think you will love it...
Ask questions if you have them and we would love to see your cooks..
Welcome Brother...
PJ
John from North Georgia
Smokin It #2 owner

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
Welcome, Brian!    I am sure you will love the #2 and the great smoked food!   These units arrive pretty quickly, so think you will have it when you get home, and the set up is quick (just put on the caster wheels).   The seasoning process is important, and Steve (owner) provides some hickory dowels in the box along with instructions for the seasoning run.   After that, you will be good to go for many smokes!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Welcome Brian!  Congrats on a great decision!  You'll love your #2 when you get home - sorry to hear you'll miss Thanksgiving with a new #2! :'(   If you've been hanging around here, as a guest, I hope you've seen we're a bunch of like-minded owners who love our Smokin-Its!  I look forward to your questions, success stories and participation!  Welcome aboard!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

bdeleser

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.  Can't wait to get started.  Bought an extra bag of hickory dowels and a bag of apple chunks from Amazon, along with Myron Mixon's recipe book.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »
Sounds like you're set for some good smokes, Brian!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!