Author Topic: Greetings From San Marcos, Ca  (Read 2686 times)

PadronMan

Greetings From San Marcos, Ca
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
Saying hello from San Marcos, Ca.  I am new to the Smokin-It smoker but not new to smoking.  Decided to upgrade from my MES 30 (which took a major dump) and so far it is a FAR superior unit.  I am seasoning it roght now and just now see and smell smoke.....mmmmmmmmm

I'm 49 and have been married 22 years to my beautiful wife.  Have 2 kids (12 and 17).  I am a scuba diver and enjoy snowboarding as well.  I enjoy good liquor and fine cigars and of course.....smoking meat and veggies.  Can't wait to settle in here and become a Smokin-It brother!!!

PadronMan
(Scott)

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings From San Marcos, Ca
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
Welcome...you've come to the right place!   I am sure you will enjoy the unit, and lots of good info on this forum to try out.  Cheers!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

shomesmoke

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »
Welcome Scott,  Have you made plans for that first smoke yet? Which model of smokin-it did you purchase? Great bunch of guys here and dont be afraid to ask questions.
Mark from Missouri
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
Welcome to the party, Scott!  You're the second prune picker to speak up today!  (I can say that, since I'm originally from Fullerton)  ;)

Looking forward to seeing some good Cali recipes!  Gotta love those tri-tips on oak!

Hang out when you can!  Looking forward to your experience!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

PadronMan

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
First smoke? Hmmmmmm some ABT's  :o  cause they are easy and damn delicious.  As for meat? I want to do some Baby Backs and a Brisket!!!

I bought the Model 2.

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:29:27 AM »
Welcome to the club Scott.  You will enjoy your new smoker and get the opportunity to meet new friends in this forum and share your ideas.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It