Author Topic: Making good BBQ in Colorado  (Read 2787 times)

vwbrad

Making good BBQ in Colorado
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
 I had a propane smoker and wanted to upgrade to an electric smoker.   I just got my model 1 smoker tonight and I'm really looking forward to making some great BBQ.  I've had some good success with pork shoulders but I have not been able to do a good turkey.  I'm looking forward to connecting with people with the same passion for good BBQ.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Making good BBQ in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
Welcome, vw, you have found the right place!  I am sure you will enjoy your #1, and this forum will provide you will a lot of ideas of things to try, different recipes, etc.   I have smoked whole turkeys and chickens in my #2 with nothing but success, so I have no doubt you will experience the same!   Cheers!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

rickne

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
Welcome from your neighbor in Nebraska...  I'm actuallh in Denver rivht now though.
Rick  --  The Cornhusker State
Model #3 Jack Daniels Edition (W/ Cart)
Toggle Switch Bypass, Cold weather Cord, Auber PID

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:02:49 PM »
Hi 'dub!  I love V'dubs - first car was a '73 bug!  Congrats on the #1!  You've made a great decision, and welcome to our party!  Bunch of like-minds here with great ideas and recipes!

Spend some time looking around all the different areas here - lots of great info!  There's always folks here willing to answer questions, solve problems, or just put their "2-cents" in!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

vwbrad

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
Hey Tony,
     My first car was a '74 beetle.  What other car can you own where you have to scrape the windshield from the inside in the winter time?  The heater would just start to warm up after about 45 minutes.  I caught the that car on fire and the rear wheel came off on the interstate and passed me in the left lane. Had some good memories with that little car.  I also had a '74 Bus, the heater worked much better.  I really like to get my hands on a synchro bus, but they are super expensive now.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »
Hehe...know what you mean about the defroster!  The heat exchangers used on those were a little "lacking," to say the least!  When I was a kid, my dad always had a bug, and my mom always drove a bus, up until '77.  I drove my '73 until about '82 - rebuilt the engine twice, and had the interior done in black vinyl "diamond tuck and roll!" I was definitely pimpin'!  lol
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!