Author Topic: Here she is!  (Read 2731 times)

Big Fish

Here she is!
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:32:02 AM »
My SI #3 arrived today and broke her in. Tomorrow I plan on Short Ribs and Pork Spare Ribs. Just waiting for my Thermometer. Dang thing is late (Maverick).

Big Fish

Re: Here she is!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:35:29 AM »
The equipment was packed well, but the stand had a little bend in it. I just put a cloth on it (to protect the stainless) and I used visegrip to bend it back into place - no biggie, like new. Oh and I bought the wrong cover. For some reason I didn't see the extended skirt (fits stand and SI #3) when I ordered, but I see it now. I'm looking to exchange it for the right one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:40:40 AM by Big Fish »

mnsmoker

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
You are going to love this smoker. I got my #2 about five months ago and have never looked back, I use it about twice a week, always left over Q in the fridge. This past weekend I fired up the offset stick burner ( a friend is interested ) man thats way to much work, much more than I remember, staying with my SI .Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Jim from Minnesota

Big Fish

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
I think I'm going to take Divot's suggestion and get the PID. It would make life much easier.  ;)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:23 PM »
Looking great, Ernie!  Fantastic unit, and I know you'll get lots of pleasure out of it!  I love the Auber - it makes a great smoker spectacular! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Big Fish

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
Just noticed, I put this in the #2 by mistake. Can you move to #3?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »
No problem, Ernie!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!