Author Topic: 5D Just Arrived - Instruction Videos?  (Read 5265 times)

agcrock2005

Re: 5D Just Arrived - Instruction Videos?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 10:34:11 PM »
Thanks.  Figured that part out.  Nothing that tightens them onto the pieces of steel they hang on?
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Just the weight of the racks in the slides. Pins are at a slight angle. Same set up used by SmokinTex and Cookshack. Simple and effective.
Got everything together.  Was very simple.  All of my worries would have been easily solved with a little "quick setup" page or diagram.  Wasn't talking negatively about the product, only how the instructions don't show how to put the thing together.  On a side note (same subject), I just opened my Jerky Dryer and went for the instructions to show me how to install it.  There are three pictures of the product, one of which has it installed on top of one of the pit, and then it goes straight into telling you how to make jerky.  Doesn't make sense.
One picture is worth a thousand words.  For most of us. I will ask Steve to address this in the next printing of the instructions.
Now you're getting negative I see...you should be happy!  Most traffic you've had in these forums in months.  3 of us...   "For most of us", when we buy something there are instructions on how to use them.   I've seen several posts in these forums over many years (very telling) saying the instructions are not good.  You're not changing them and you don't care.  Just say it. 

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 11:15:58 PM »
No negativity intended.    I will pass on to Steve your concerns and suggestions. And he has made changes on occasion.  His decision. As for your comment concerning the instruction not being good, those posts are nearly all related to the digital controller; there is a learning curve.  Most folks have muscled their way through it because they were tech savvy or with help from the forum as well as Steve. The instructions are from Auber in collaboration with SI.  Everything else is pretty much intuitive.  The search feature can help in many areas. And Steve has always responded to email questions. I do not work for SI.  Just a forum moderator who owns a smoker.  As such, I will not address your last two sentences. If I offended I apologize. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:20:14 AM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

agcrock2005

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2023, 03:10:21 PM »
FWIW, the connection of the app to the smoker was very easy for me.  Maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but it took less than 5 minutes.  Cooked 50 lbs of sausage and 20 lbs of snack sticks on the first cook.  Turning the smoker into a warmer for a few briskets now.  Liking it so far.  The Bella didn't work near as well as I was hoping but hopefully that's operator error and I'll figure it out.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2023, 01:43:52 AM »
Good to hear it is working well.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers