Author Topic: Leftovers: Cuban-Style Sliced Pork With Homemade Mojo Sauce  (Read 2149 times)

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Using some leftovers from that applewood smoked pork butt, I placed cold slices of pork into a non-stick skillet at medium heat.  I put a large spoon of mojo sauce underneath the pork and added another to the top of each pork slice.  Increase heat to medium-high and quickly sear on each side, then serve with a little mojo drizzled on top.  I served with some homemade black beans and rice (add lime juice, cumin, chicken base and a little hot sauce to canned black beans) and I had a hell of a leftovers meal ...

Mojo Sauce
2/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dried cilantro
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cumin
zest of three limes

Saute the garlic in the olive oil but do not let it get brown, just soften it up.  Add to a blender with lime juice and pulse until well incorporated and the garlic is pulped a bit.  Add the remaining ingredients and pulse a few times to mix, cool and serve.  This can be used as both a saute marinade and as a drizzle for the final product.  Traditional mojo uses sour orange and does taste better, in my opinion, but lime juice more than does this justice.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:31:46 AM by UWFSAE »
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!