Author Topic: Greetings from NJ!  (Read 864 times)

Jsamet

Greetings from NJ!
« on: January 28, 2019, 02:09:50 PM »
Hello,
I'm new here but I've always wanted one of these smokers for my home but never bit. BUT, I'm starting a food truck and I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the 4 or 5 series built into a truck (not a trailer). I mainly plan to use it in a commissary to begin with (any experiences with that would be helpful as well. So, has anyone used one these smokers inside a commercial kitchen space? I need to know about venting the smoke through the hood? I should be able to fit it right next to the stove under the hood. I definitely don't want to smoke up the place. And if anyone has any thoughts about going for the model 5 over the model 4, I'd like to hear it. I know that you can't cold smoke with the 5, so that's something to consider. I know I'm rambling but I'm excited to get going!

Thanks for any advice!
Jeff

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings from NJ!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:30:09 PM »
Welcome Jeff from SE Arizona. I don't recall seeing any posts regarding  your question.  Steve, the owner, might have some information regarding a mobile set-up depending upon who his commercial customers are and what they shared with him. Good luck and again, welcome!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus