Author Topic: Super inexpensive Brining Container....At Aldi  (Read 2760 times)

G man

• Gordon Radford Photography
Super inexpensive Brining Container....At Aldi
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
For those of you lucky enough to have an Aldi in your area, this week they have a great food storage container, 10L, that will work great for brining..  Food safe, BPA free, etc....only $3.99.  Looks big enough for two butts...

And while you are there, pick up some of their Baby Backs.....always $2.89 a pound and great quality.
Gordo
50 Miles West of St. Louis, Misery
#2,  and Master Forge Big Green Vertical Charcoal Smoker, (it is now for sale!)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Super inexpensive Brining Container....At Aldi
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:47:45 PM »
Aldi is great!!! Did you know that Aldi and Trader Joe's are related? Owned by brothers.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/12/02/aldi_grocery_store_best_in_america_related_to_trader_joe_s.html

Another great brining container source would be your local restaurant or deli. They get many things in large food-safe containers. Mayo, salad dressing. A couple weeks back my neighborhood deli was trying to get rid of dozens of 5-gallon pickle buckets with lids. They were spoken for within a couple hours. Sadly, I think many buckets went to local painters.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide