Author Topic: Dizzy pig  (Read 4802 times)

icebob

Dizzy pig
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:45:55 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Dizzy Pig line. Dizzy Dust being my go to. Swamp venom has some nice kick. For grilling, Raising the Steak and Cow lick are damned good.

http://dizzypigbbq.com/dizzy-pig-online-store/
Bob from Cahokia, IL

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Dizzy pig
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
I like the site, never tried the stuff, but could be on the list.

Store might be close enough for me to hit this summer.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

raymillsus

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »
I live about 15 min from the factory/store. They have amazing rubs. I use Raging river and the turkey Rub. There is a new one called Crossroads. all I can say is I love to eat it out of the jar. Enjoy the pig. I love running over to get some.
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Tec Sterling 2 Infrared Grill
USN 1988-1998 Medically discharged.
Biker at heart, I ride for abused children
Great BBQ is a passion.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:48:05 AM »
I like that they offer the sample packs. You can sample all 15 for $20.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:55:04 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
I wish the ingredients list was a little more explicit on the spices list.  I've got a cupboard full of rubs that have "spices" that I don't particularly care for but don't know they are in the rub until I purchase it. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 03:43:28 PM »
I wish the ingredients list was a little more explicit on the spices list.  I've got a cupboard full of rubs that have "spices" that I don't particularly care for but don't know they are in the rub until I purchase it.

Same for me. I've mostly got rubs that people gave me, most of them I don't care for. One thing I don't want in my rub is "smoke flavoring" (it's fine for grilling or baking, not for smoking), and many rubs have that. I also don't care for a strong celery flavor in my rubs. I make almost all of my own rubs. Not only does it allow me to control the flavors for the specific cut of meat, I can control the heat, and also the salt. If I'm brining something, I don't really want salt in the rub. The only rub I use occasionally is Famous Dave's original, and that's only on ribs and sometimes unbrined butt.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

raymillsus

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »
I like that they offer the sample packs. You can sample all 15 for $20.

I can tell you Crossroads is a great all around rub that you can use on alot of things. If I had the same pallat as you I would say let me know what you are looking at and I'll run over and try it for you. :D

-Ray
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Tec Sterling 2 Infrared Grill
USN 1988-1998 Medically discharged.
Biker at heart, I ride for abused children
Great BBQ is a passion.