Author Topic: Post Cheese Rib Extravaganza With The SI#2  (Read 1251 times)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Post Cheese Rib Extravaganza With The SI#2
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »
Since I planned to do ribs this weekend, I decided to also try a cold smoke on cheeze before I did the ribs. I used Memphis Dust as a rub and, since I had two racks, I decided to try an olive oil vs. a mustard binder. On Friday night I took the silverskin off and added the binder and rub. Saturday morning, I did the cheese and then went for the ribs. I used 2.5 oz of Jack Daniels Oak Barrel chips for the wood and set the temp for 235. I checked at 4 hours and it still needed a bit more so I went 5 hours total. My wife is a wet rib person and I am a dry rib person. These are the dry version but I think I could have just added the bbq sauce at 4 hours and it would have been great. Since I wanted to test the flavor & juiciness profile with the different binders, I stayed with dry ribs this round. I think the olive oil version was more moist. Both were great though so I would guess it is a total personal preference on which way to go.  Tasty results! Finished product attached.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Post Cheese Rib Extravaganza With The SI#2
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »
Those look great, Bob!  Nice job!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!