Author Topic: Yipee Yahoo!!!!  (Read 1611 times)

drippings

Yipee Yahoo!!!!
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:09:39 PM »
It's here!  Box was in perfect shape and everything appears to be fine.  It is on the porch seasoning away right now.  Now I need to get a little familiar with the Auber.  I have my brine chillin' down in the fridge and will put the butt in it in a little while.  Take it out tomorrow night and debone the thing and season it up and then back in the fridge to be ready for a Saturday smoke.  For more on why I am deboning, see my previous thread in introductions "Can't Wait".  I shot a video of the "unboxing" - haven't watched it yet, so don't know if I will actually post it somewhere or not.  I have never posted a video online before, so it might really suck.  Although my daughter said I should be a talk show host.  Oh yeah, I can smell the wood burning right now.  This is gonna be killer!
Jeff from the Space Coast of Florida
SI#2
Auber 1204

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Yipee Yahoo!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »
Nice, Jeff!  It's like Christmas, but (I think) smells better! ;D   It'll be great to see your first results.  When you get the Auber programmed, and have the meat in the smoker (ready to turn on), do yourself a favor and run the autotune program.  This works best when you have a meat load, water pan, and "actual" cooking conditions.  It teaches the Auber the particulars of your smoker, and will help it perform at its peak in the future.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!