Author Topic: Names - New Members, Please Read This Before Posting Your Intro!  (Read 69750 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Names
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
Thanks Bill!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »
Your very welcome, Tony..  ;D
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

elkins20

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
I've been scrolling through posts, and I've noticed something that isn't "allowed" on most forums:  names.  Many of our members post their first names and location in their tag lines (me included).  I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty cool!  No matter what the user name is, I know I'm seeing a post from Joe, Ed, Phil, Zed, Mike, etc...  I, personally, think this really personalizes our forum! 

Ben has done a really stellar job at keeping out the spammers and "one-post-wonders" who sign up for nefarious purposes.  The core of our forum is good folks who love good Q and their SmokinIt smokers!

So, I hope that everyone takes the time to post their first names and location in their tag lines so we know who our friends are.  If you're new to the forum, take the time to do a post on the Introductions section and let us know who you are!

If you see DivotMaker on posts, you know it's Tony from NW Arkansas - not somebody who doesn't care about our hobby and our forum.  Trust that we'll keep the "riff raff" out.  We only want folks who want to participate in a group of like-minded people who actually care about our hobby (obsession?). ;D

Tony from NW Arkansas

Hey Tony was looking for this and wondering if you could also add to the Introduction section was looking earlier and could not find it. I have seen several new people that are not adding their names and cities to the signature area. I know is not a requirement but is nice to know who we are talking to.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
I've been scrolling through posts, and I've noticed something that isn't "allowed" on most forums:  names.  Many of our members post their first names and location in their tag lines (me included).  I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty cool!  No matter what the user name is, I know I'm seeing a post from Joe, Ed, Phil, Zed, Mike, etc...  I, personally, think this really personalizes our forum! 

Ben has done a really stellar job at keeping out the spammers and "one-post-wonders" who sign up for nefarious purposes.  The core of our forum is good folks who love good Q and their SmokinIt smokers!

So, I hope that everyone takes the time to post their first names and location in their tag lines so we know who our friends are.  If you're new to the forum, take the time to do a post on the Introductions section and let us know who you are!

If you see DivotMaker on posts, you know it's Tony from NW Arkansas - not somebody who doesn't care about our hobby and our forum.  Trust that we'll keep the "riff raff" out.  We only want folks who want to participate in a group of like-minded people who actually care about our hobby (obsession?). ;D

Tony from NW Arkansas

Hey Tony was looking for this and wondering if you could also add to the Introduction section was looking earlier and could not find it. I have seen several new people that are not adding their names and cities to the signature area. I know is not a requirement but is nice to know who we are talking to.

Good point bill! This would be a great sticky for the top of the page on the Introductions section.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
+1
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 07:34:35 PM »

Good point bill! This would be a great sticky for the top of the page on the Introductions section.

"Let it be written, let it be done!"  (gold star to who can tell me where that quote came from)!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Names - New Members, Please Read This Before Posting Your Intro!
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »

"Let it be written, let it be done!"  (gold star to who can tell me where that quote came from)!

Pretty sure it was Yule Brenner in "The 10 Commandments" that you are thinking of.

One of my favorite classic movies.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »

Pretty sure it was Yule Brenner in "The 10 Commandments" that you are thinking of.

One of my favorite classic movies.

You win, Gregg!!  Nice!
Tony from NW Arkansas

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
Whoo whoo!
Gregg - Fargo, ND

elkins20

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
Thanks Tony, and congrats to Greg...

Hulk

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
Hulk Like
Sorry DivotMaker but you busted my babybacks for weeks to put up a name of some kind. Thanks to everyone for providing a great community.
Smokin-it #2
Weber Genesis Series Special Addition
Plenty of campfires
Northeast United States

DivotMaker

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »
Hulk Like
Sorry DivotMaker but you busted my babybacks for weeks to put up a name of some kind. Thanks to everyone for providing a great community.

Ha!  Hulk works great for me! ;) ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas

LandJBackus

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 09:33:14 PM »
Hi my name is Laura and I got the model #2 for my husband for Christmas, but it looks like using it will be my job/ pleasure. I've never smoked anything in my life, though I'm a fairly accomplished cook. I seasoned first and now there is a pork shoulder smokin away. Great forum. Not sure how much I will participate, but I will be back to read for advice. One thing though I don't know how to add a permanent signiture line. I post from my phone so maybe that's not possible from a phone.
Thanks
Laura
Wittmann, AZ

DivotMaker

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 09:41:50 PM »
Welcome aboard, Laura!  You'll be a great Pit Master in no time; just hang with us when you can!  To add a signature line, just go to your Forum Profile settings (Profile tab at the top of the screen).  There's a section for signature.
Tony from NW Arkansas

Hunting Woman

• Jolly's Outdoor Visions
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
Hi fellow smokers, Tes here. I ordered the #2 model today after much research and a helpful phone conversation with David. Smoking the game meat we hunt is a family tradition. Like a lot of folks we've gone through many smokers over the years. Reading this forum and a multitude of positive reviews and ratings in online searches made the decision easy to invest a little more in a high quality smoker. I'm excited for it to arrive. A batch of wild pig Canadian bacon will be cured and ready to be smoked. I've already learned some great tips and advice on the boards tonight. Thanks much!
Tes

Alabama