Author Topic: Condensation prevention  (Read 2040 times)

tpcdelisle

Condensation prevention
« on: August 03, 2022, 08:43:36 PM »
I know this sounds silly, but has anyone tried attaching an air line to the drain of the smoker and use an air pump to blow a bit more air through the smoker to help keep the sausage drier while smoking? Don't make fun of me now........🤔😁😁
Tony too!
From Southeast Indiana / Greater Cincinnati

Smokin-It 3D WiFi
Smokin-It 3 Analog
Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Recteq B380 Bullseye
Meat Your Maker 1 hp #22 Grinder
Beswood 250R 10” Slicer
Former Air Force
Retired FAA Air Traffic Controller
Anova Sous Vide
Super foodie of world cuisines

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Condensation prevention
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 09:25:07 PM »
Would that be in lieu of or in addition of the James Jerky Dryer?  Just curious!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

tpcdelisle

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 09:36:20 AM »
Hey Sarge. I was thinking in lieu of. I would use a drip pan to catch any liquid, although with sausages or jerky, I don't think there should be much. Since the smoker is sealed pretty tight, the pumped in air should exit right out of the top. Using an aquarium pump like the one on the Bella, the air flow would be easy to regulate. I have an extra pump from my Smoke Daddy that I can try. I'll just stick the air line in the drain hole, seal around it with some tape and see how she works. Just a kooky idea.  👍
Tony too!
From Southeast Indiana / Greater Cincinnati

Smokin-It 3D WiFi
Smokin-It 3 Analog
Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Recteq B380 Bullseye
Meat Your Maker 1 hp #22 Grinder
Beswood 250R 10” Slicer
Former Air Force
Retired FAA Air Traffic Controller
Anova Sous Vide
Super foodie of world cuisines

agcrock2005

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 05:29:45 PM »
Hey Sarge. I was thinking in lieu of. I would use a drip pan to catch any liquid, although with sausages or jerky, I don't think there should be much. Since the smoker is sealed pretty tight, the pumped in air should exit right out of the top. Using an aquarium pump like the one on the Bella, the air flow would be easy to regulate. I have an extra pump from my Smoke Daddy that I can try. I'll just stick the air line in the drain hole, seal around it with some tape and see how she works. Just a kooky idea.  👍

Did you ever figure this issue out?  I bought my model 5 for the sole reason of smoking sausages and am having a hell of a time keeping them from being very wet during the cook which does not help with smoke penetration!  This is even with the jerky dryer on top.  Very frustrating!