Author Topic: Best Ribs  (Read 455 times)

Ken

• Model 2wifi
Best Ribs
« on: April 25, 2022, 11:46:35 PM »
I just made my very best baby backs.  Yes, Iíve decided that I like them the best.  A four hour dry brine did the trick.  I did a light season with a low salt rub, kosher salt, coarse grind pepper and  bit of brown sugar. A small loaf pan of hot water on the side.  I only smoked one rack.  2.3 oz of SI hickory with a chip grate and a foil boat.  150 for 30 minutes . Then 235 for the balance of the total 4.5 hour cook time.  I sauced it with Kindrers mild BBQ at 4 hours. The bones didnít pull back text book but the meat was the most tender and juicy as Iíve ever had. The mild seasoning let the pork flavor shine.  The rack came from Americas finest, Walmart.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 11:49:08 PM by Ken »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Best Ribs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 12:18:21 AM »
Those look great Ken.  Here at our place brown sugar is used on ribs, butts and (strange as it may sound) brisket.  Family loves the flavor.  Makes a mess but sure adds a nice touch to the rub/spices (pepper, salt, garlic powder).
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Ken

• Model 2wifi
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:38:36 AM »
I can see how a bit of sweetness would be great on brisket.  I used some honey as part of a chuck roast burnt end recipe posted not long ago on this site.  No leftovers.

lcdearman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 07:55:12 AM »
Those look good Ken. I'm gonna have to try some brown sugar on my next rack! Thanks for sharing this.
Clay from Taylor, TX
SI #2 with Auber AW-ST1510H-W
Weber Spirit II
Orion Cooker