Author Topic: Anyone have experience with the ThermoPro TP25 ?  (Read 1428 times)

crashmeister

Anyone have experience with the ThermoPro TP25 ?
« on: October 19, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
Hi there. I'm about to pull the plug on a smoker and I want a decent probe setup, without breaking the bank.

The ThermoPro TP25 seems to be OK since they upgraded the app to fix the connectivity issues (reviews on Amazon).

Anyone have experience with it ?
Craig from Atlanta, GA
-------------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool !

lcdearman

Re: Anyone have experience with the ThermoPro TP25 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 06:40:36 PM »
I have one. I was looking forward to the graphing capability, but when your phone goes to sleep, the graph stops. Range is pretty good for bluetooth, but no better than my previous thermopro with a dedicated receiver. I do like having 4 probes, the temp alarms are good, and I tested mine with ice water and boiling water and it was within a 1/2 degree, so I am basically happy with it. I bought mine back in early July, and I think it is pretty good for the price.
Clay from Taylor, TX
SI #2 with Auber AW-ST1510H-W
Weber Spirit II
Orion Cooker

Lonzinomaker

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
I have a couple of Inkbird IBT series thermometers. They come in 4 and 6 probe models. They do graph, but you have to keep app open to not loose graph. They do have good connectivity though.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

crashmeister

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 12:35:46 PM »
I have one. I was looking forward to the graphing capability, but when your phone goes to sleep, the graph stops. Range is pretty good for bluetooth, but no better than my previous thermopro with a dedicated receiver. I do like having 4 probes, the temp alarms are good, and I tested mine with ice water and boiling water and it was within a 1/2 degree, so I am basically happy with it. I bought mine back in early July, and I think it is pretty good for the price.

Thanks. I'll get one.
Craig from Atlanta, GA
-------------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool !