Author Topic: Maverick et733  (Read 3004 times)

yankee

Maverick et733
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:26:46 PM »
Anyone have the maverick et733 thinking of buying it but I have read some bad reviews and read some really good ones one guy said if you get the wire part wet it won't work that can't be true thanks for any help
Tony

drains

Re: Maverick et733
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »
I've been using mine for going on 2 years with no issues. There are always going to be bad apples but mine has been worth what I paid for it many times over.  I have have had mine wet with no problems although it is not recommended that they be immersed in any liquid. Some seal the part that connects the probe to the wire with high heat silicone.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

yankee

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
Cool thanks thats what I thought
Tony

ibbones

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
I have had mine for a bit more than two years and do not think I would be without it.  It just works and on overnight smokes I can set the remote next to the bed and if my food gets done, the alarm will wake me up.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 04:23:49 PM »
I like mine. I had to buy a new set of probes. But, that was more due to me neglecting them and not cleaning them very well after smokes. I bought the new waterproof ones and they are holding up very well.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

jjjonz

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:36:50 PM »
Had my ET 732 for quite sometime and love it.

es1025

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »
You may want to consider investing in a therma Q kit from thermoworks (dual probe). Cost is 4X the maverick.  If you are looking for a single probe  the chef alarm is awesome.  Cost around $60. You can mix/match the probes as well.  I only use thermowork products.  My maverick just stopped working after three months and then I made the switch. 
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »
Hi Tony! 

The probes on the Maverick, like every other bulb-capillary probe, are sensitive to water.  I am very careful with my probes, and never submerse them in water!  I use a hot water rinse (me holding the end of the probe under hot water), and a ScotchBrite pad to get it clean.  It's good to put some hi-heat RTV sealant on the end of the probe, where the wire goes in. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!