Author Topic: WSD1200-GPH not working.  (Read 3759 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
WSD1200-GPH not working.
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »
Hey Everyone,
 Just wanted to share about the Customerservice at http://www.auberins.com/ where I purchased my Auber from. A few days ago was going to do a smoke on the Little guy, programed the WSD1200GPH, had smoker ready and plugged into the back of the Auber, using an extension cord had the Auber plugged into an outside outlet, also it had rained earlier. But, the outside outlet was supposed to be waterproof. Turned on the switch on the Auber heard a loud pop. And Auber was not working. I thought had blown either the extension cord or the outlet as that is where the sound came from. On further testing found the outlet was blown and there was no current coming from the Heater female plug on the back of the Auber. I did check inside and all the wiring looked ok. I sent unit to Auber after talking to Kane thru e-mails. They found the ground wire was lose from the power cord and also the SLR was blown. Anyway they have fixed the unit for free and also shipping it back to me for free. Looks like Auber Customer service is also very good. Since I had replaced the power cord with a short cold weather cord. I was concerned that would have blown the warranty. Kane told me that it was repaired and to keep an eye on it to make sure it is working fine. They also asked if the smoker was damage and I told them no as have used it twice since the problem happened with the outlet.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:45:05 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: WSD1200-GPH not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »
Bill, did that outlet not have a GFI?  I would think that should have blown. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »
Hey Dave, nope, as it was about 26 years old. Just a metal cover with the front having a rubber seal around the outside edge. I really should have changed it and put in one with a GFI which is what I get to do. Also it blew the circuit breaker at the panel in the basement. And my sixth sense told me to move to the front porch and not use the back porch. But, I ignored sixth sense and usually get in trouble when I do this. Wife told me that I need to listen to inner voice.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:24 PM »
Glad you got it taken care of so easy, Bill!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
Hey Tony, to tell the truth I thought would have to pay to have it serviced. They are shipping it back two day post.

elkins20

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
Received the Auber back yesterday, I did check it and it is working fine. I am getting output from the female heater plug on the back of the unit. Will plan on smoking something in the #1 just to verify that all is ok.

mizzoufan

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »
... Wife told me that I need to listen to inner voice.

I always get in trouble when I listen to the voices in my head!  Guess yours are better behaved than mine.
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:13:10 AM »
... Wife told me that I need to listen to inner voice.

I always get in trouble when I listen to the voices in my head!  Guess yours are better behaved than mine.

Sometimes yes and then sometimes no. But, I have learned when they are very soft to do as they tell me. Especially in avoiding accidents and long delays in traffic problems.