Author Topic: Soon to be #3 owner (hopefully!)  (Read 10064 times)

RG

Soon to be #3 owner (hopefully!)
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:35:18 PM »
Hi everyone! I hope to be among the ranks soon, I've been attempting to order a #3 all day but am having difficulty in getting it done. It seems that the facebook discount is not working when I try to use the "Social Store" on FB. I am curious to know if any of you guys have been able to use PayPal to purchase your smoker? I have gone through the motions of ordering and even though the site says that they accept PayPal, I never get the option to choose PayPal.

At any rate, I can't wait to get it ordered and see what this puppy can do! I am not new to the smoking game, I have 2 Big Steel Kegs and a Traeger Pellet Grill already and am always looking for other interesting cookers. This one caught my eye and I've been debating about a month or so on buying it, I finally got permission from the wife to pull the trigger and now I am having a hard time placing the order, lol!!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Soon to be #3 owner (hopefully!)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:37:20 PM »
The #3's have been sold out a few times. check the web page for the most up to date status. Your going to love it.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

RG

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »
The #3's have been sold out a few times. check the web page for the most up to date status. Your going to love it.

Yeah, they have them. I just can't get the sucker ordered :P

I have been in e-mail contact with Steve and told him what troubles I've been having and seem to get short answers back. I am not trying to be a nuisance, just would like to get it ordered so I can use it. The best way to get my wife on board with the purchase is to cook her something on it so she forgives me ;D

I can't wait to try it out!!!

RG

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:18:16 PM »
Okay, I got the paypal thing worked out :)

It seems that if I am logged in and I go into the checkout process, it only gives me options to pay with Visa, MC, etc.. but if I click on the pay with paypal logo (not logged in) it will let me do what I want to do. Now, If I can just get that 5% discount to offset (a little) the crazy shipping costs that UPS wants, I'll be as happy as a pig in slop!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:23:02 PM »
Or as happy as a butt in a smoker!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »
Or as happy as a butt in a smoker!
Indeed sir!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »
RG - call Steve and order direct, if you're still having problems!  260-417-9951.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Trip

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »
I tried talking to Steve directly earlier today, he couldn't resolve the 5% over the phone or with a code.  I gave up waiting and ordered as well.

DivotMaker

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »
Well, that surprises me!  Anyways, welcome aboard, Trip! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

RG

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »
I tried talking to Steve directly earlier today, he couldn't resolve the 5% over the phone or with a code.  I gave up waiting and ordered as well.

I fell your pain brother! I was hoping for a little back on the shipping. It was REAL tough to swallow the $140.00 on shipping. REAL tough. I think it's highway robbery but what do you do? I don't live anywhere close enough to drive and get it, so...........

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »
The shipping is tough to swallow, but 5 years from now when you have smoked every weekend, you won't remember the shipping costs...all you will have are a lot of memories of good smokes!   Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
You would need to spend a lot more for a smoker with same or similar features and capacity from one of the other two companies with smokers that resemble the SI. And you would get a lower wattage element and a shorter cord. A warranty of less than 3 years, and accessories/replacement parts that cost more. All in all, a pretty good deal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:15:37 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
Let me be clear on something so I don't give off the wrong impression. I don't blame Steve at all and I am eagerly awaiting the smoker to arrive. I just think that the shipping charges through UPS for this are insane! My beef is with them, not Steve :D

RG

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 07:17:11 PM »
Good news! It has shipped and will be to me Thursday ;D

DivotMaker

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
Let me be clear on something so I don't give off the wrong impression. I don't blame Steve at all and I am eagerly awaiting the smoker to arrive. I just think that the shipping charges through UPS for this are insane! My beef is with them, not Steve :D

When that box arrives, and you see how well it is packed, and how big and heavy it is, get back with us on how unfair the shipping costs are.  Once you put it in perspective, you'll probably realize that it's not shipping a box of cotton doilies to grandma.  This is a seriously big, heavy box, and takes a lot of freight space and handling.  Like we said, one-time event, and it costs to move freight (which is what this is - not just a "package"). 

Not sure how far you live from Michigan, but $140 is basically $1 per pound.  Not bad, in my book.  If I shipped a 2 lb box across the country, and they charged me $2, I'd be thrilled!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:52:19 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas