Author Topic: Vacuum sealer recommendations  (Read 10278 times)

Limey

Re: Vacuum sealer recommendations
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
I have a Vacmaster 260 and am very happy with it. About $150 on Amazon.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
I had a food saver for years and while it worked ok, sometimes getting a seal and keeping one was a problem.

After reading the advice here I ordered the Vacmaster Pro 260, but when it arrived it was DOA. My wife was also not happy about how large it was, since we leave ours on our counter top.

So I ordered the Vacmaster Pro 140 and so far I am really happy with the results. Also I like that it has a double seal unlike the Food Saver line.

Greg

Barrel99

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »
Funny, I just mentioned to my wife I was thinking of getting one like the 260 and her first comment was ... "It does not stay on the counter"...lol.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 05:00:34 PM »
Funny, I just mentioned to my wife I was thinking of getting one like the 260 and her first comment was ... "It does not stay on the counter"...lol.

She may not like the size of the 140, but it works on our counter top. The paper in front of the sealer is 8.5x11".

Greg

Barrel99

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
She was pretty clear she did not want it on the counter at all. That's not a big deal because I wouldn't be using it every day anyway.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 05:36:19 PM »
We have a sealer on the counter, and my wife uses it more than I do.  She seals anything in sight!   ;D
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

teleskier

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »
We seal a lot of stuff and large quantities and multiple bags at a time. If you are only sealing a few bags each time, most machines will do fine. If however you are sealing 20 or more bags in a row, your lesser units like foodsaver etc will overheat after a few and you have to let it cool before proceeding. Very frustrating.

We moved up to the Cabelas professional 15" which also has a double seal feature. We seal up to 30-35 bags at a session without needing a cool down period because of overheating.
SI#2, Maverick dual wireless probes.
Waterfowl guide and married to the best hunting partner a guy could ask for and I don't mean my dog...

Mike from California

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »
That's a great testimony, Mike. That's what I look for in a sealer.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Carp210

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »
It seems VacMaster has discontinued their model 260 but if any one is interested there are 3 new ones on E-Bay starting prices around $82 to $89, auction type to end on Sunday. (April26)

I just pulled the trigger  on the VacMaster model 140 from Vacuumsealersunlimited.com.  They are offering the 140 for $98.99 with free shipping and no tax if you live outside Calif.  I thought that was a screaming deal that I could not turn down.
Dave from SW Pa.  (Steeler,Pirates,Penguins Country)
Weber gas grill, Weber 22.5 Charcoal Smoker
Retired husband and Grandad
Weber Genesis S-330 with Grillgrates
Si model#2, 800 watt, Auber, with fixed probe.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
It seems VacMaster has discontinued their model 260 but if any one is interested there are 3 new ones on E-Bay starting prices around $82 to $89, auction type to end on Sunday. (April26)

I just pulled the trigger  on the VacMaster model 140 from Vacuumsealersunlimited.com.  They are offering the 140 for $98.99 with free shipping and no tax if you live outside Calif.  I thought that was a screaming deal that I could not turn down.

Great price, I paid $150.00

Greg

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
I just purchased the VacMaster Pro 140 for $79.99 on sale at https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/outlet/
Hope this helps...
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri