Author Topic: mods for the model 1  (Read 5036 times)

bighoss

mods for the model 1
« on: September 16, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »
has any body try to mod it like by adding a thermo on it insted of useing the probe on i wounder how hard it would be to put one on the door to know the temp inside and use a probe one for the meat any body have any ideas let me know and how thick is the door
i have not got mine yet it should be here tomorrow by noon well that is what fed ex say

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: mods for the model 1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
Hey Bighoss, we see these kinds of questions a lot from folks who haven't gotten to know their new babies yet.  ;)   I recommend that you trust that the good folks at Smokin-It designed a really good smoker, and they actually took these things into consideration. 

What I've found, is that analog thermos are notoriously inaccurate, and really just for "show."  The other thing is, just don't stress about internal smoker temp.  These electrics will vary in temp as the element cycles on and off, but will "even out" in the long run.  When you start using your new smoker, just set the temp to where it should be, and go with it.  You'll see... ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!