Author Topic: Bella Generator Cleaning  (Read 1431 times)

Dockmaster

Bella Generator Cleaning
« on: June 24, 2021, 05:10:50 PM »
I'm looking for suggestions about cleaning the Bella.  Had not given it much thought until I read on smokin-it.com that it should be cleaned with drain cleaning and then rinsed well to remove the chemicals.  This is to prevent creosote build up.  OK.  I've got that, but the response I got from Steve didn't answer my question.  Do we mix the Drain-O with water and scrub Bella; or buy liquid cleaner and let it soak . . . ?  Looking forward to any info.  Fair Winds, Dockmaster.
Steve, Jacksonville, Florida -- SI #2; Started smoking in 1982 on a Weber kettle grill; then a Masterbuilt charcoal bullet; then a Masterbuilt propane fired bullet. Retired Navy Submariner; Retired Dockmaster.

Lonzinomaker

Re: Bella Generator Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 06:44:07 PM »
I use a wire brush to knock the loose stuff off and then spray with Easy Off oven cleaner. Put it in a plastic garbage bag overnight tied shut.  Rinse with vinegar and plain water a couple of times.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

Dockmaster

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 07:24:38 AM »
Thanks so much for the good info, Lonzinomaker.  Really appreciate it.  Fair Winds
Steve, Jacksonville, Florida -- SI #2; Started smoking in 1982 on a Weber kettle grill; then a Masterbuilt charcoal bullet; then a Masterbuilt propane fired bullet. Retired Navy Submariner; Retired Dockmaster.

OldeSmoker

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 03:16:24 PM »
I agree with Dave. I use commercial foaming oven cleaner I get at Sam’s club (Members Mark brand). Spray it on and let it do the work. It works great!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:48:17 AM by OldeSmoker »
Paul from Southwest Missouri
*Smokin-It 3D-WiFi
with Bella’s CSG and The Stephanie Cabinet
*Members Mark SS 6 Burner Gas Grill with Sear Burner, Side Burner & Rotisserie
*River Grills Wood Fired Grill and Fire Pit
W/ Rotisserie and Dutch Oven Hanger

Dockmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:57 AM »
Thanks a lot, OldeSmoker!