Author Topic: How to register smoker??  (Read 6484 times)

cohiba

How to register smoker??
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »
Hey All,

I don't want to regsiter to be on this forum....I already have.  In the instructions that come with the Smokin-it Smoker...it states to register the smoker.....where?

Thanks!!!

BHamel

• Administrator
Re: How to register smoker??
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »
The link disappeared with the new site.  I will fix it this weekend And post the link!

Thanks,
Ben
Ben from Ohio
Smokin-it IT guy!
Owner of a Model #3
If you can't smoke it!  You shouldn't be eating it!!

Robinonaf

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
The link disappeared with the new site.  I will fix it this weekend And post the link!

Thanks,
Ben
Hi,
I am Robin and new to this forum can anyone tell me how to search thread related to certain topic in this forum.

ultrafirebike

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
After testing a few things, I can tell you that this site's search engine is not like a google site. For instance, this thread is titled "How to register smoker"
If you search for "a word", like register,  this thread will appear..the search will not allow you to search for a single letter like "How to register a smoker"...if you search for words out of order of the original thread it will not appear "Search Smoker Register" will not achieve results.....
I even tried "Search+Smoker+Register" to see if that old trick works....it doesn't

Best approach....search for a key word "register" or "smoker" or "how", but know that searching for "smoker" will probably result in every thread appearing.

Fortunately the site will search every thread and every conversation in the thread...so as above, when someone posted that the link disappeared, the search result picked up the word and that conversation is in the results.

For best results, search for a word that is unique..so for smoked cauliflower (which I will be testing in a few days) the best choice is cauliflower, not smoked, and hope that both you and the original poster have spelled it the same.

Good luck, see you soon
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:17:03 PM by ultrafirebike »
Ultrafirebike
I will ride anywhere to try BBQ
North America is my local Riding area

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,  I don't see the link on the main website.  Is it necessary to actually "register," or should I just keep proof of purchase if I need anything done?  I really can't imagine sending this in for any kind of repair; it's built like a tank!  Thanks
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BHamel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
We keep a record of all sales as well as your proof of purchase.  The beauty of a small family run business is that they take care of the customer.  I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks
Ben from Ohio
Smokin-it IT guy!
Owner of a Model #3
If you can't smoke it!  You shouldn't be eating it!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 02:14:39 PM »
We keep a record of all sales as well as your proof of purchase.  The beauty of a small family run business is that they take care of the customer.  I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks

That's another reason I bought from you!  Good American family company, with a great product made in America! Thanks for a great product, and here's to many years of success!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!