Author Topic: Can I add more meat if have room to Gradient Brine?  (Read 2764 times)

rbgrish

• Just got first smoker ever (#1) here to learn.
Can I add more meat if have room to Gradient Brine?
« on: April 25, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »
First smoke was a pork loin, used DivotMaker recipe and it was the first Pork Loin I have really enjoyed eating in my whole life! Thanks very much for that.
My question is kids comming up this week and I want to make 4 of these. I have limited space in the fridge. Can I brine as much meat as I can keep covered in the brine or will it Fail to do its job. My container will hold enough brine for one loin but I can get 2 loins in there, Will it work?
Thank you!
Rick

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I add more meat if have room to Gradient Brine?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 10:36:18 AM »
You should be fine, you wont notice a difference. You can use ziptop bags to hold meat and brine in a cooler. pack ice or frozen water bottles around them to keep it cold. I have done four whole loins loose in a clean cooler swimming in brine with frozen water bottles. Adopt improvise overcome...
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »
Glad you liked the loin recipe, Rick! ;D   I usually try not to overload the Briner Jr. that I use, but have been known to, on occasion!  I always thought it would have an effect on even absorption, but it doesn't seem to.  When I have a full load in there, I usually give it a little "shake & stir" any time I open the fridge.  I guess that, even packed fairly tight, the liquid still gets in between all the meat.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

rbgrish

• Just got first smoker ever (#1) here to learn.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:52 PM »
Thanks guys. . Appreciate the help.
And thanks for all the brining recipies Divot Maker, After the loin turned out soon good I have searched out all your others. And saved them.
Rick

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Thanks, Rick - that's quite a compliment!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!