Author Topic: Therapeutic Cooking  (Read 1099 times)

RG

Therapeutic Cooking
« on: April 18, 2019, 09:53:48 AM »
In between "handling" things yesterday in regards to my ailing father, I decided to cook. I am not as in tune as I once was when it comes to taking pictures. I didn't take any of me making the ice cream or making pasta, I didn't even take a picture of what my wife made her with the pasta but oh well. I can still tell you about it!

I made up some more Tagliatelle pasta (a BUNCH!!!!) and for myself, I made a large pot of Tagliatelle Bolognese. It took all afternoon but that's okay. I welcomed the distraction to be honest. My pasta consists of ground pork, ground chuck, tomato paste, chicken broth, salt and pepper, grated parm, butter, milk, onions, celery, carrots and last but not least, the Tagliatelle. It took about 4 hours to make it all. My wife made a grilled shrimp pasta dish, parm, spinach, fresh lemon juice, sauteed garlic. It was amazing as well. I figured since I was carbbing it up, why not have some ice cream??

I made a milk chocolate base the night before, I used cocoa powder as well as melted Hershey's Kisses and some melted milk chocolate Ghiradelli morsels. It's a custard based ice cream and it's insanely good but a tad too rich, I'll make adjustments for the next round.

Here's what I have to offer, 2 pictures and they're not anywhere near magazine quality, lol. The pasta plate is messy because it was my second plate, lol.

Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

Re: Therapeutic Cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Perfection! Love ve it!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear