Author Topic: My apologies, and Thank you.  (Read 602 times)

confused

My apologies, and Thank you.
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:14:17 PM »
My apologies, and Thank you.

I recently got into smoking sausage after purchasing a different brand of smoker that I picked up locally. I did not see any Smokin-it smokers locally, nor had I even heard of them. I bought what was available, a SmokinTex 1400 that I had also never heard of at the time. It was the first stainless smoker I ever heard of since had never been in the market before.
Since I was not getting the best results making sausage, I searched my manufactures forums but found little concerning sausage. I then googled for hours to figure out what I am doing wrong. I came upon your forum and many pages of information on sausage making and temperature control (my main issue), yet not quite the info I was looking for, or not that I understood correctly anyway. For example, most info on Auber controllers are for older versions. Most people are able to hang sausage in room temperatures less than 80 degrees, etc and many posts do not address my particular issues. I have at least ten hours of searching and reading as much as I could and want to thank you all for the knowledge that I have gained. I hope you allow me to hang around and  aquire more knowledge. I am not trying to take advantage of you in any way, and do understand your loyalties to your brand.

I have been trying to figure out if I am putting too much sausage in at one time, or if I can stuff a large batch and smoke in smaller batches, with some being in fridge for a couple days. Almost every post or video anywhere online simply says refrigerate overnight. Nothing stating 12-72 hours is OK for instance. Most meat processing sites use much different equipment. With so many variables it makes it difficult.

Thanks again.

tpcdelisle

Re: My apologies, and Thank you.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 01:28:59 PM »
I don’t think any apologies are necessary. We are all here for the craft and it is achieved in many ways. Many people here have numerous grills or smokers (as listed in their signature blocks) and of course this forum’s specialty of Smokin-It smokers. We can all still learn from each other and I think you’ll see that as a credit to the members here. Hopefully, I’m not speaking out of place for anyone and I think all with will help as much as possible, of course without knowing your brand, it can be within the limits of expertise. That is why I have joined this group because of the great caring community that it is. As you learn more of your craft of sausages, share it with all. I would appreciate it as I’m learning sausage making too.

By the way, you might just end up with a Smokin-It smoker yourself someday.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 01:34:24 PM by tpcdelisle »
Tony too!
From Southeast Indiana / Greater Cincinnati

Smokin-It 3D WiFi
Smokin-It 3 Analog
Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Recteq B380 Bullseye
Meat Your Maker 1 hp #22 Grinder
Beswood 250R 10” Slicer
Former Air Force
Retired FAA Air Traffic Controller
Anova Sous Vide
Super foodie of world cuisines

Emma Jake

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 02:22:59 PM »
Even i didn't know it in the starting but I am also here for knowledge and other stuff

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 02:24:57 PM »
No need to apologize. Enjoy what you have. All the hints and tips and successes and failures are free to all members.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus