Author Topic: What's your favorite brisket injection recipe?  (Read 10505 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: What's your favorite brisket injection recipe?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 12:56:13 AM »
Hey Libohunden, Wish I could help with that , but the only beef I have done in the Little Guy was a chuck roast. It was very moist and tender, I used it for pulled beef sandwiches. I have not tried a brisket yet, but am sure others can comment to help you with your being dry. Also I have been watching some videos on you tube by HowToBBQRight Malcom Reed. He has one on brisket that looks good. Even though he uses a pellet smoker can use his method in the SI smokers that we have. I am going to do a pork butt using his cooking times and foiling at internal temp. of 160 then back in the smoker to an IT of 195 - 205... Here is the video for the brisket...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM0pGO_3Fa4
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:02:55 AM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
For brisket, I use a can of beef broth, a tablespoon of minced garlic, a teaspoon of Better than Bouillon and a couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce.  I make the injection the day before use to allow the garlic to infuse into the liquid.  On the day of injection I strain the garlic chunks out and inject as much as I can get into the meat.  For anyone besides me that foils at 160, any leftover injection goes into the pan with the meat before wrapping.   
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »
Hey Dave, I think I may invest in some aluminum pans as the foil leaked a little when I did my pork butt. I looked the other day at Wal-Mart for the Better than Bouillon but could not find it. Do you buy online or at a local grocery store?
Thanks,
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 10:07:04 PM »
Wal Mart should have it.  My grocery store has it and it is usually right with the other dry bouillon cubes.  I get the large pack of foil pans at Sam's.  Costco just brought them back from being a seasonal only item. 

elkins20

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
I might have been looking in the wrong area at Wal-Mart as could not find any bouillon cubes either. Was in the spice section? I will have to look the next trip to Sam's.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »
Look by the soups, the dry mix soups in particular.  And/or canned broth. 

elkins20

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
That figures was in the wrong isle.  ???