Author Topic: Pink Salt / Curing Salt / Prague Powder #1  (Read 4521 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Pink Salt / Curing Salt / Prague Powder #1
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
Wanted to start a thread on Pink Salt. A lot of people can't get this where they are. I order mine online from www.spicejungle.com. Look under Salts > Curing Salts. Reasonable prices and free shipping! It arrives quickly for me. Order what you think you will use in a year. A little will go a long way. I order the 4 oz. package ($5.99) which lasts me a long time. I'm not sure if they have the #2 for you long-cure (sausage) people out there, but I suspect the #1 is what most people will want.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Pink Salt / Curing Salt / Prague Powder #1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
I just ordered my first bag recently from Amazon.  I believe that there is another thread on this topic with good discussion but it is alluding me at the moment.

Found it:

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2255.0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:54:03 PM by SuperDave »
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »
I thought I had looked on Amazon originally, and found that the shipping was too expensive, if you were not ordering other things at the same time. Always check Amazon too if you are adding to an existing order, but no minimum order $ amount at SpiceJungle.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:03:50 PM »
My wife is a member of Amazon Prime so we get free, 2 day shipping.  I ordered a new rod and reel yesterday and hope to be petting it tomorrow.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah