Author Topic: Problem with Auber PID  (Read 4079 times)

PeteyDaMan

Problem with Auber PID
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
Hey guys. I just got my Auber WSD-1500GPH and I can't seem to get it to move off the first program step. The fiist step is set to go to c-1 140 for t= .5 (1/2 hour)I've tried letting it sit for an hour, reprogramming several times with several different setting. I even did a factory reset and I can't seem to get it to move beyond the first step. Any time I hit the + key, it says P1

Any hints?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Problem with Auber PID
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
Hi Petey,

Are you trying to autotune it, or just use it?  And, how do you have it set up?  Is it hooked to the smoker, with the temp probe inserted in Probe 1?  Don't mean to make it sound like you haven't done things, just need more info to help.  The more details, the better!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

PeteyDaMan

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
No, not auto-tuning yet, I set it with a simple program. I've read the manual cover to cover and understand how to set it up and program it so assume I know how to work the device. Yes, I have both probes installed correctly.

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »
OK, Petey, but how are you using it?  Is it attached to an empty smoker, a smoker filled with meat, or what?  Also, is the dial on the smoker turned all the way up to 250?  Could be as simple as the stock controller limiting your temp.  It has to be full-on to let the Auber control the temp.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

PeteyDaMan

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
I reset it to factory defaults again and now it's working fine.
As an FYI, I wasn't having an issue with it hold temperature or going to a set point, that was working fine, the PIS wasn't going to the next program point.

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
Sounds good, Petey - glad it worked out.  Good to have you with us!  Hope you take the time to put something in the Introductions section about yourself!  Also, a first name and town is nice in the signature line of your profile. 

I see you came to us for help with a problem, as your first post, and that's great!  Now, I hope you come back for more, and to help make this forum even better!!

Congrats!
Tony from NW Arkansas

PeteyDaMan

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
I'm starting a brisket tonight so I'll post the results in the beef forum tomorrow. thanks for the help

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »
Cool!  Can't wait to see the results, Petey!
Tony from NW Arkansas