Author Topic: Ceramic Grilling Griddle  (Read 2464 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Ceramic Grilling Griddle
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
While I like cast iron, I find it a pain to keep seasoned and clean. For years for pizza I have been using a stone make in France that is ceramic that has been coated and can take high heat and it works great.

So when I saw a ceramic grilling griddle at Homedepot I decided to give it a try. The stone is about 10x11.5 and is perfect for cooking veggies or as tonight trigger fish.

I am impressed with the stones first use and for $20.00 you can't go wrong.

Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Ceramic Grilling Griddle
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »
These are super ideal for folks with an RV and think that their oven burns all their food.  That size might even work on my boat cook station, I currently use a ceramic tile. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:32:22 PM »
It worked great for the fish, cleanup was easy with a quick soak for 15 minutes and it is ready to go for the next cook on the grill.

Greg

Walt

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
I purchased the Emile Henry that you recommended. It arrived yesterday & I havent had a chance to use it yet but it sure looks nice. Thanks for the recommendation.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:19:49 AM »
I purchased the Emile Henry that you recommended. It arrived yesterday & I havent had a chance to use it yet but it sure looks nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Walt,

I like it so well for pizza I bought a second one as a backup. One is round and the other it rectangle. I think you will enjoy it!

Greg