Author Topic: 2D first smoke  (Read 540 times)

Brewsmoker

• Improve Your Lifestyle
2D first smoke
« on: August 26, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
My first smoke in the 2D was disappointing.  It was a 10 lb. pork butt on an overnight cook.  Put the butt in around 5pm @ 225, with an SI probe and another brand remote temp monitor I have used with my SI2 in the past.  Woke up this morning at 7 and temp of meat was 163 (~same on both probes), so all good.  Fifteen minutes later, the meat  temp was 162, so I went outside to find the smoker was off. 

So, rather than deal with a restart, the butt is now in the oven to finish the cook, and the 2D will be on its way to my son (an IT Engineer) who can deal with the digital aspect, and I can sleep peacefully during future cooks knowing my SI2 won't shut off during a cook. I am a fairly educated person, and my opinion is you have to be close to a rocket scientist to use the 2D.
Bruce in Springfield, IL
Panama Canal Zone grown and raised

Lonzinomaker

Re: 2D first smoke
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 11:28:15 AM »
Your son is getting a good deal.
I also am happy with my analogs, a #3 and a #1.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: 2D first smoke
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 05:05:00 PM »
Your experience is one of the fatal flaws of the digital smokers.  Their software is complete garbage and only makes the problem worse.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...