Author Topic: New Guy - what is status of Model 5D?  (Read 2954 times)

scanr

New Guy - what is status of Model 5D?
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:18:32 PM »
5D - It is on web site to purchase, but nothing on forum?  Is this a live product?  Any info available.  Need at least this size for small restaurant.  Exporting overseas.  I need to get this right for my 20' somethin' son to experiment with, in an exoctic foreign land.  While I stay here working my tail off, to pay for this whole endeavour!   What's wrong with this picture?  :-\

Pete

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: New Guy - what is status of Model 5D?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:48:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Pete. The 5D is the newest and largest of the SI smokers. So not too much on the forum so far, but it boasts the same quality as all of the other SI smokers. We need to get a 5D category on the forums under the "Smokin-It Smokers" category. Can someone contact ADMIN with this? Don't blame you for questioning since it is the newest addition to the Smokin-it family of smokers. Can we help Pete get himself a great smoker for his son's restaurant?

If you have questions, you can contact the owner, a real human being, Steve, directly at 260-417-9951, especially about the overseas shipping, but with ANY other questions you might have.
or email at:
smokin.it.info@gmail.com
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:58:39 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

raymillsus

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:11:18 AM »
Al though the 5d is a much bigger unit. I would think that some of the advice from the 4 would be the same. I just got mine so I am no an expert on these units but I will tell you everything so far has been amazing.
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Tec Sterling 2 Infrared Grill
USN 1988-1998 Medically discharged.
Biker at heart, I ride for abused children
Great BBQ is a passion.

TheLoga

• Bark and Bite
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:35 PM »
I am on my second smoke with mine. Great so far!
SI 5D and Louisiana Champion