Author Topic: Smoking Gods  (Read 8943 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Smoking Gods
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 11:01:09 PM »
My son has one more year of pre-school then I will be converted.   I'm afraid I will be sucked into the new style., I will try my best not though.  1+1 still equals 2   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
Wood connections come through again.  Co-worker is on vacation in the Midwest visiting family and he calls me to see if I use hickory.  "You bet" was my reply!  Apparently, his in-laws property has lots of hickory trees on it.  I've been told that I have a large box of wood coming back West, provided they can smuggle it across the border. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 01:03:00 AM »
Hey Dave, lots of hickory grows wild here in the midwest. Especially in the lower part of Missouri and upper part of Arkansas. And thru out the Ozarks,  I think you will really like the flavor and the aroma when it is smokin.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
Nice, Dave!  Free wood is always a bonus!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
My son has one more year of pre-school then I will be converted.   I'm afraid I will be sucked into the new style., I will try my best not though.  1+1 still equals 2   

Just look John will be like going to school all over again when helping with the homework.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »
I'm only "43".  It's not what it used to be (school)!  And I bet some would call me the young one around here.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
It's not what it used to be (school)!

Ain't THAT the truth!!  I have you by 10 years (today, in fact), and have a 16 year old son.  I can't help him with half his homework now, and I consider myself a fairly smart guy!  This common core crap scares me, and confuses me, all at the same time!! :o
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »
John / Tony I have you both beat as am 67 and sure there are some around here that would call me the youngster. But, look at what the kids now have with computers and cell phones. And when we went to school did not have any of these items. And I too feel fairly good on the computer but the kids can make them smoke. And they are just getting more techie as the time goes by. But, also look at the benefit you have by looking at your kids school books. Good luck gentleman. My daughter graduated with a major in math and minor in business. Now she is the head investment counselor for one of the banks here on the plaza. I once asked her if she could invest some money for me and she said she has a minimum of $500 but normally would ask for a grand to start which knocked me out of her league...