Author Topic: Bone Suckin Sauce  (Read 4668 times)

es1025

Bone Suckin Sauce
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »
I know this is a mass produced sauce, but you guys have to try this, its really good. It's a bit costly $5.99 for 16oz bottle but you won't be disappointed.

I bought a bottle at Chefs Central and this stuff is awesome.  It's a North Carolina sauce. 

I bought the regular and the hot (have not tried yet).

You can buy via the web site at bonesuckin.com

Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Bone Suckin Sauce
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:16:42 PM »
I'll check it out, Ed.  I like me some Carolina sauce! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TexasSMK

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »
+1 fan of bone suckin sauce. Love the hat stuff
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:28:44 AM »
It's available at a few grocery stores here. Some of my guest eaters have found Bone Suckin Sauce to be too sweet, but I like it. I like sweet/savory and sweet/spicy flavor combos. America's Test Kitchen recently did a taste test of high end sauces, and it was at the bottom. I recall they also thought it was too sweet. I think you could add some vinegar if you want. One of the things I like most about it is that there is no smoke flavor in there. I always think it's weird to use a sauce with smoke flavor on smoked meat. I just want to taste the smoke from the meat. Sometimes I mix it half and half with Smoky Jon's Original (a local BBQ sauce that has won many national awards).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:40:15 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

JustChillin

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:42:58 AM »
I had some as one of my sauces at a tailgate for ribs. While it is to the sweet side everyone loved it with the ribs.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Donmac

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
Bone suckin' sauce is my favorite store bought sauce.
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner