Author Topic: Boston Butt Steaks.................country ribs  (Read 2069 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Boston Butt Steaks.................country ribs
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
I’m sure I posted this before, but dang are these good and will be better tomorrow on the gasser~!   Must be a food science thing.

4 lbs in bone country ribs, don’t get the small crap for the grocery store!

Brine overnight

Mustard and rub that you like

4 hours in SI, followed by 1 ½ sauced

5 ½ total hours in smoker.

225 degrees.

I used 3 oz cherry wood with apple juice kicker.

They temped at about 170 after the time, aok for pork but not high enough for a “pulled boston”.

Call me crazy, but I am 50/50 that I like these better than regular “ribs” take the cut choice.
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

hardpan

Re: Boston Butt Steaks.................country ribs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »
Those look really good. I have tried them but with mixed results as I put them on for too long a time.  Congrats,
Hardpan
Hardpan

Mike from Livermore
Ranch outside of Fort McKavett tx

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »
Hey John those look really good. Did you have the butcher cut them that thick for you? As have never seen them that thick at the grocery store.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »
The way the butcher sells them.  Yes, a lot better than small ones at any grocery store.
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 02:59:28 PM »
Not crazy at all, John!  Country ribs are the bomb, in my opinion!  I do them very similar to you, except I don't sauce them (but need to try that).  Lots of great meat on them, and they come out tender and juicy!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!