Author Topic: You Tube - Post Your Smokin It Videos  (Read 4580 times)

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
You Tube - Post Your Smokin It Videos
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »
Hey Everyone, before purchasing my SI #3, I did a lot of online research and at that time there was very little information or videos on 'You Tube' for the 'Smokin It' brand or other videos using these great smokers.  There were more video posts for other competitor brands and as I search today, little has changed.

These SI smokers are simply amazing and other than posting on this forum, we need to get the word out. Therefore as a suggestion to all forum members and as a challenge, I am proposing that we post videos on 'You Tube' of our great smokes using the 'Smokin It' smokers.  This applies to all models, with or without the Auber.

What do you think guys, let's get out there and start spreading the news! It is a great way to grow our forum and promote this great product line.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:10:28 PM by Smokster »
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

slojoe

Re: You Tube - Post Your Smokin It Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
I'll give it a shot if I can get my better half to participate.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »
I have a face for radio, and am a little camera shy, so I'm searching for models as we speak...updates to follow! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jdiver

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
I also went to Youtube prior to my purchase. Didn't find much on Smokin-it, some, but not many. I still like to look at videos others have done, and from Smokin-It also, they can do some great videos. Saw those posted on the SI site.
-JD-
Big Green Egg and SI2
Love Pork

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
I have a face for radio, and am a little camera shy, so I'm searching for models as we speak...updates to follow! ;D

I have seen many videos which the host remains behind the camera that are just as effective. I am also camera shy, but I will give it a shot.

I would probably get more hits if I include a nice looking girl holding a nice cold beer while preparing the Q...just a thought!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:17:15 AM by Smokster »
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

slojoe

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »
Tony, check out the Armadillo Pepper you tube videos, they use that ploy  :) :)

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:32:58 AM »
Joe, I checked out the YouTube video, her name was Donna, the only issue I have is that I don't remember anything about the video or what it was about.  Something about smoking, I believe. ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:33:37 AM by Smokster »
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »
I have watched some of the Armadillo Pepper videos too. I don't even remember what she was doing either. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »
Someone made the mistake of linking to one of the Armadillo pepper vids on here. :o   Needless to say, it didn't last long...  While fun to watch on YouTube, I think most would agree that's not what we're needing here. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

WeekendWarrior

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
I watched one for a bit, couldn't believe how many times she kept opening the smoker.

Didn't look like it was very instructional at all, unless you want to see what NOT to do.
Bruce - Iowa
#2 Owner
Iowa National Guard - Retired
Computer Geek

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 01:35:51 AM »
I agree with Bruce, there difinitely were some methods being used that I wouldn't agree with...
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It